Monday, February 16, 2009

MACTA-Make a Connection Through Art

This is my first year teaching. I teach 8th grade English. So far this year has been very challenging, but I just hope in the end I will have made as much of an impact on my students as they have made on me. They have taught me so many things from patience to being thankful for the small things I have in my life. A few teachers at my school are working with a program called "Make a Connection through Art." It is sponsored by Nokia and the purpose behind it is to help the students express themselves through creativity and Art.
http://www.makeaconnectionthruart.org/. I have a spoken-word poet that comes in and works with my Honors class. It is very cool, and the kids love it!
It looked like a bunch of nails...but
it was a human!





Debating over whether or not the "Weird Bird" should have been purchased for this Museum.

Here is the "Weird Bird"-yes the yellow head is a sombrero!

My students are very talented...they can walk up metal structure w/out falling. J/k this is Art at the Museum.


That is a statue...don't be fooled!

On the way to the Museum

Our field trip to the Nasher Museum

No comments: